Saturday, December 4, 2010

Reverb#10 - Days Three & Four

I didn't get to Day Three until it was already late enough to be Day Four, so I'm just putting them together.

December 3 – Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors). (Author: Ali Edwards)

I have no idea. I don't know that I can think of a single moment. However, this year, I have been trying to make an effort to enjoy the smaller things. I've been taking a crazy number of pictures with my phone of sunsets from day to day when the colors or the clouds seem brighter or more clear.

IMG_1047


I think each time I take a few minutes to try and take pictures, whether it's from the passenger seat or my back yard, I can take a deep breath and think about the moment.

December 4 – Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year? (Author: Jeffrey Davis)

See above.

But also, not in the way it probably intended, but this whole Foster Care process is constantly a wonder. I mean, there's SO MUCH to think about. Mostly, I'm always amazed at how people and kids make it through this process at all. Through the system at all.

It's not always a positive sense of wonder though, you know? I mean, it's awe and amazement, but not in a happy-feeling sort way. I know that probably the original intent of the question, but that's most of what this year has been for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment