Sunday, December 5, 2010

Radvent 2010 - Day Five

Day Five: Playlist

(Backdated because I missed the weekend prompts due to teaching classes.)

dec. 5 radvent: rocking out


Dude. I got this. I was planning on putting together a 2010 Playlist in January (and it will be epic. But for now, I'll give you a taste of what's going to be on there.

Write down the soundtrack of your year so far. Play it for someone who loves you.

1) Winter Song - Sara Bareilles & Ingrid Michaelson
This song is absolutely beautiful and conveys a sort of longing that I don't even understand how they put it in there. It's very surprising that I get this attached to a Christmas/Holiday/Seasonal type song. But for serious, you have to give it a listen.


2) Make it Rain - Anouk
To continue the sort of awesome female singer idea. I put this on a Fanmix I did earlier this year, and it's one of those songs that just sort of sticks with you (or it has for me).


3) Not Strong Enough - Apocalyptica
And now for the metal portion of our playlist. But it's metal with strings and well worth the listen, even if you're not a metal fan. Good stuff here.


4) Hurricane - 30 Seconds to Mars (feat. Kanye West)
Last one for now. A little Rock with some Kanye to close things out. This is another one I used for a fanmix this year, but absolutely fell in love with.


---

I'll have more when I finish this year's playlist (in January). I'll try and remember to update this space then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment