Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reverb#10 - Days Five through Eight

I'm obviously horrible about posting these over the weekend or when I'm working elsewhere. I'm going to try and be better.

December 5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)

I'm not sure I succeeded (yet) but it's a work-in-progress to let go of needing to be needed. One of the things I know I struggle with is taking charge, making sure people check in with me, making sure that I know what's going on with people. In some situations, that's necessary, but I do it with friends, and in the past it's cost me friendships. Not everyone feels the same connections - where sometimes I feel like it's part of a good friendship, others might not see it the same way. It causes rifts, and I have to be wary of how much I try and involve myself. It's still instinctual for me to step in, make my help known...and I need to try and keep that in check.

December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)

I'm always knitting. Right now, I'm working through my set of Christmas presents for family white elephant exchanges. I finished a really cozy pair of winter mittens. They turned out so well, I'm going to work on another pair for myself after Christmas.

December 7 – Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011? (Author: Cali Harris)

Everywhere. I found a lot of writing communities this year over on LiveJournal, and I want to keep that up in 2011 - with some better time balances. But community has been everywhere I've been this year, and it's been great. (Especially at gaming events like PAX East and PAX Prime.)

December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)

Today on Facebook there's a meme going around where you give your friends a number and they use that number to post a message about you on their facebook page. I got two amazing ones today, and I'm going to use those because they've completely lifted my spirits.

‎-- a FANTASTIC woman that I adore. I want to hang out with you more, and I think our husbands could really get along too. You are super talented and sweet and SO much fun. I hope you're current issues with idiots brings you bundles of joy. You'd be GREAT at caring for them.

-- You are Alpha Female personified - you take no prisoners and you do it with a grin so that everybody is pretty much okay with it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you in this next year as you navigate the changes ahead and hoping that it all comes out the way you want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment